FLUKE MDA-550 Motor Drive Analyser (4-channel colour) 500 MHz with motor shaft and harmonics
Simplify complex motor-drive troubleshooting with guided test setups and automated drive measurements that provide reliable, repeatable test results.
Save time and eliminate the hassle of setting up complex measurements, while simplifying the troubleshooting process. Safely locate and troubleshoot typical problems on three-phase and single-phase inverter type motor-drive systems.
The MDA-550 has been designed so it‘s easy to pick up and use, it‘s not a tool where you have to remember a sequence of buttons to press. The MDA has a walk-through for what measurements you take, why you take them, and where voltage and current probes need to be hooked up physically on the entire drive train. The MDA menu has a list of tests to go through. It is very structured and you can select the test needed without any setup, without fussing around with further buttons to press, and it covers the entire drive train from the input of the variable frequency drive, to the rotating motor-shaft.
From power input to the installed motor, the MDA-500 series provides the measurement capability for the fastest motor-drive troubleshooting!
What‘s NEW with the MDA-550 Series III?
USB and NEW Wi-Fi options to download waveform data. The optional FlukeView-2 Software package allows you to quickly and easily download stored historical data for analysis via USB Wi-Fi dongle. The USB ports simplify storing or transferring scope data from 2GB on 190-II to up to 32GB on 190-III.
NEW larger, brighter and crisper colour display makes it easy to view and analyse waveform data on the screen in nearly any environment.
Why your facility would benefit from the FLUKE MDA-550:
The below issues can cause problems for your motor drives and ultimately your facility:
- High voltage peaks
- Excessive harmonics threaten your rotating machines but also other equipment connected to the electrical power system.
- In a motor-drive the conversion of AC to DC inside the drive is critical, having correct voltage and adequate smoothing, with low ripple is required for the best performance
- With low voltage to frequency ratios, the connected motor may not be able to provide the required torque at the load to sufficiently run the intended process
- Voltage pulses from a variable frequency drive can couple from a motor’s stator to its rotor, causing a voltage to appear on the rotor shaft. When this rotor shaft voltage exceeds the insulating capacity of the bearing grease, flashover currents (sparking) can occur, causing pitting and fluting of the motor bearing race, damage that can cause a motor to fail prematurely.
FLUKE MDA-550 Key Features:
- Guided testing with graphical step-by-step voltage and current connection diagrams
- Preset measurement profiles
- Built-in report writing capabilities
- Perform extended harmonics measurements
- Create reports quickly and easily that are perfect for documenting troubleshooting
FLUKE MDA-550 Measures Key Motor-Drive Parameters:
- DC Bus voltage level and AC ripple
- Voltage and current unbalance and harmonics
- Voltage modulation
- Motor shaft voltage discharges
FLUKE MDA-550 Guided Measurements:
- Motor-drive input
- DC bus
- Drive output
- Motor input and shaft measurements
- Drive input
What comes with the FLUKE MDA-550:
- FLUKE Motor Drive Analyser
- 1 x BP 291 li-ion battery pack,
- 1 x BC190 charger/power adapter,
- 3 x VPS 100:1 high voltage probes with alligator clips,
- 1 x VPS410-II-R 10:1 500MHz voltage probe,
- 1 x i400s ac current clamp,
- 1 x C1740 carrying case,
- 1 x 2 GB USB drive with manuals and FlukeView 2 software
What extra do I get with the MDA-550?
- 1x SVS-500 shaft voltage set (3x brush, probe holder, two-piece extension rod and magnetic base)
- Additional 2x i400s ac current clamps