FLUKE 279 FC Thermal Multimeter With iFlex
Change the way you see digital multimeters - the FLUKE 279 FC combines thermal imaging technology with industry-leading digital multimeter technology. It‘s the only tool you need, designed to increase your productivity and confidence. Easily detect and map heat on the 3.5 inch full-colour LCD screen - locate where the hot spot are before beginning repairs.
Do more in less time! Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity, no need to go back to your van to retrieve the thermal camera. 102 x 77 image resolution offers immediate visual cues of hot, potentially troublesome areas.
Locate the problem immediately - Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots on high-voltage equipment and transformers, detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches.
By using the integrated iFlex you can take measurements in tight awkward spaces up to 2500 amps, and with wireless technology you can view the measurements remotely Fluke Connect lets you include measurements and thermal images and reports to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports whilst on the job!
Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager:
Best for: Advanced industrial troubleshooting, including data logging and graphing intermittent problems.
With advanced capabilities:
- Logging: For unattended monitoring of signals over time, to detect intermittent problems.
- Graphing: View logged values graphically in the field right on the meter, without a PC
- Working on VSDs: Take accurate voltage, current and frequency measurements on the output side of the drive at either the drive itself or the motor terminals
- Testing motor windings or contact resistance: Allows testing of resistance up to 50 ohms with one milliohm (0.001 ohm) resolution.
5 Reasons You Need A Multimeter With A Built-In Thermal Imager:
If you’re an electrician or technician who is responsible for keeping industrial systems and processes up and running safely, efficiently, and cost effectively you know that the quicker you can find a problem, the quicker you can fix it. A digital multimeter (DMM) is a necessity for troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical and electronic problems accurately, but sometimes finding the problem takes more time than you’d like.
What if you could narrow down the problem area in seconds, without touching the equipment? That’s the value of the FLUKE 279 FC Thermal Multimeter. It is a full featured professional DMM with an integrated thermal imager, plus iFlex and Fluke Connect functionality. Use the thermal imager to locate hotspots and then test volts, amps, and temperatures with the DMM to diagnose the problem. When repairs are complete you can validate that they were successful with the thermal imager.
Here are just a few of the reasons to put a thermal multimeter in your tool bag:
- Find, repair, validate, and report on electrical, HVAC, and mechanical problems with one tool
- Increased productivity
- Extend your capabilities
- Built-in iFlex integration
- Extra value features
FLUKE 279 FC Key Features:
- Safer and rugged: Safety rated CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V
- Save time: With built-in Fluke Connect, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone
- Flexibility: Compatible with iFlex to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement
- True-RMS AC voltage and current for measuring non-linear signals
- 15 measurement functions including:
- Voltage (ac, dc)
- Diode test
- Current ac with included iFlex current probe (expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement up to 2500 A ac
- Low-pass filter for troubleshooting adjustable speed drives Thermal imaging reveals hots spots that may indicate electrical issues quickly and safely
- Save measurements and images while communicating wirelessly with a smart phone up to 20 feet / 6.1 m away (no obstructions)
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10+ hours)
- Auto power off to save battery power
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
- 1 m drop tested
- 3 year standard warranty
▶ Communicate you‘ve got the job done!:
What comes with the FLUKE 279 FC?
- FLUKE 279 FC TRMS Thermal Multimeter
- 45.72 cm (18 in) iFlex Flexible Current Probe
- (1 pair) TL175 Test Leads
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
- Soft Carrying Case
- Hanging strap
▶ Which Industrial Multimeter Is Right For Me?: