IT4 - Insulation Tester
Includes Battery, Standard Side Bent Probe, Standard Straight Probe, 240VAC Charging Adapter and CS-IT4 Case.
Hi-Test® Insulator Testers detect non-visible insulator failures before they cause operations difficulties or safety threats to line crews. The Insulator Tester can be used as a routine maintenance tool to test insulators quickly, safely and reliably. It can be applied to any in-service transmission or distribution insulator and at any voltage, provided there are two or more insulators between conductor and ground. It can also be used to test deenergised insulators prior to installation.
- Universal spline for attachment to a hotstick
- Built-in gigohmmeter applies a current limited 10kVDC potential across an insulator
- Buzzer provides audible warning of bad insulators
- LED scale displays the condition of the insulator being tested
- Powered by an 8VDC rechargeable battery
- Rugged carrying case included
- Lightweight – weighs approximately 3 lbs. (1.35 kg)