FLUKE 437 Series II Power Quality and Energy Analyser (400Hz)
FLUKE 437 gives you the ability to monetarily quantify energy losses and FLUKE-patented energy loss algorithm, Unified Measurement, measures and quantifies energy losses due to harmonics and unbalance issues, allowing the user to pinpoint the origin of energy waste within a system.
FLUKE 437 PowerWave Data Capture
For some users, loads switching is a cause of power quality problems. When loads switch on, the current draw sometimes causes the voltage to drop to a level that causes other equipment to malfunction. The PowerWave function available in the 435 and 437 Series II models enables users to capture voltage, current and frequency signals simultaneously at a high speed to see which interaction is potentially causing problems.
PowerWave goes beyond standard power quality measurements; PowerWave’s fast data capture mode enables system dynamics to be characterised. Waveforms for voltage and current are continuously captured for the specified time, and are displayed on screen in high detail; the power waveform is derived from the data. In addition, half-cycle RMS values for voltage, current, power and frequency can be stored and retrieved for analysis. This feature is particularly useful for testing of standby generation systems and UPS systems where reliable switch-on can be vital.
FLUKE 437 400 Hz
By increasing the power frequency to 400 Hz, transformers and motors can be much smaller and lighter than at 50 or 60 Hz, which is an advantage in aircrafts, submarines, space crafts, and other military equipment and hand-held tools. The 437 II model captures power quality measurements for these types of avionic and military systems.
▶ How to set up the energy loss configuration on the FLUKE 435
FLUKE 437 Features:
- 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance
- Measure all three phases and neutral
- 4 flexible current probes with enhanced thin flex design to fit into the tightest places
- Automatic Trending
- 10 power quality parameters on 1 screen!
- Configure for any test condition (with Logger function)
- Memory for up to 600 parameters at user defined intervals
- View graphs and generate reports
- Adjustable hand strap
- 7 hour battery life
FLUKE 437 Applications:
- PowerWave data capture
- Capture fast RMS, show half-cycle and waveforms so you can determine how the voltage, current and frequency values are interacting
- Characterise electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.)
- Power inverter efficiency
- Simultaneously measure AC output power and DC input power for power electronics systems using optional DC clamp.
- Energy loss calculator / monetisation / assessment
- Classic active and reactive power measurements, unbalance and harmonic power, are quantified to pinpoint the fiscal costs of energy losses.
- Calculate the fiscal cost of energy waste due to poor power quality
- Quantify the before and after installation improvements in energy consumption to justify energy saving devices
- Frontline / real-time troubleshooting
- Quickly diagnose problems on-screen to get your operation back online
- Analyse the trends using the cursors and zoom tools
- Predictive maintenance
- Detect and prevent power quality issues before they cause downtime
- Long-term analysis / Load studies
- Uncover hard-to-find or intermittent issues
- Verify electrical system capacity before adding loads
FLUKE 437 Target Industries:
400Hz measurement: captures power quality measurements for avionic and military power systems.
Safety rated for industrial application: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
FLUKE 437 Hardware:
The Series II accommodating a larger, brighter display (diagonally measures 6"/15cm), so you can view all the important measurement data on one screen. Larger/further apart buttons for easy operation event when wearing safety gloves. Quick and easy access buttons have been added for the ‘Scope‘ and ‘Logger‘ functions (the most utilised functions).
The battery compartment has two important updates too...
It is now much easier to access the battery compartment which houses a smaller, lighter lithium-ion battery which only fills half the compartment. This is provided as standard and powers the 437-II for up to 8 hours. The compartment can also accommodate a double capacity battery which powers the 437-II for up to 16 hours. It also allows easy access to the new SD memory card, 8GB as standard however it will also take a 32GB SD card which will log detailed data for months. The SD card can be removed and data read directly via your PC. If you do not want to remove the SD card use a standard mini USB cable. The USB port is fully isolated so FLUKE can maintain the best-in-class 600 Volt CAT IV rating of the 437, ensuring your safety at all times.
What comes with the FLUKE 437?
- FLUKE 437-II Power Quality and Energy Analyser (400Hz)
- BC430 Power Adapter
- International plug adapter set
- BP290 (Single capacity Li-ion battery) 28 Wh (8 hours or more)
- TLS430 Test lead and Alligator clip set
- WC100 colour coding clips and regional decals
- 8 GB SD card
- PowerLog on CD (includes operator manuals in PDF format)
- USB cable A - Mini B
What extra accessories come with the FLUKE 437-II (non-BASIC version)?
- 4 x FLUKE i430 Flexible Current Probes