FLUKE 378 FC 1000A AC/DC TRMS Non-Contact Voltage Wireless Clamp
FLUKE 378 is full of "firsts"!
Previously you thought you can’t measure voltage without test leads. With the FLUKE 378 FC (and 377 FC) you can! Measure voltage the same way you measure current, with your clamp jaw, without the need for test lead contact to live voltage!
FLUKE 378 FC clamp meter lets you do something not possible with other clamps, measure voltage and current simultaneously with your clamp jaw whilst saving results to your smartphone. Turn on the FLUKEConnect option and simply link with your phone. Connect the black test lead to any earth ground and clamp the jaw around the conductor you need to measure.
Every measurement you make is displayed and saved on your phone and to the FLUKECloud enabling you to compare today’s values with past readings.
It’s faster, safer testing, without touching a live wire. View phase rotation directly on the app too; make a full set of three-phase measurements with just 3 quick clicks around the conductors.
The FLUKE 378 FC clamp meter has something extra that other clamps don’t - a power quality indicator! This shows whether your equipment or your power line is faulty, meaning you can spot power problems quickly. The clamp senses power problems, and shows you if there‘s a current, voltage or power factor problem lurking. The meter does this by checking the total harmonic distortion of voltage, current, and power factor. If it exceeds a certain threshold, the enunciator shows up.
Revolutionary FieldSense technology, a new patented method only available to FLUKE!
▶ FLUKE 377 FC 378 FC Introduction Video:
So what‘s unique to the FLUKE 378 & 377?
- FieldSense technology
- Do something no other clamp can - measure voltage and current through the clamp jaw, simultaneously, all without contacting a live conductor.
- The display turns green when a stable FieldSense measurement is detected. Visual Continuity also provides a bright green screen for easy detection of continuity in noisy work areas to make your job easier!
- 3-phase measurements and calculations
- Users can clamp around each leg of the incoming power supply and get a full set of phase-to-ground and phase-to-phase values calculated and shown on the meter.
- Phase rotation
- Auto-calculate and view easily within FLUKEConnect software. No more handwritten notes or complicated calculations.
- Power Quality Indicator (378 only)
- A unique PQ function that senses power quality issues automatically. When making FieldSense measurements, the 378 FC will detect and display power quality issues, relating to current, voltage, power factor or any combination of the three.
- Now you can quickly determine if an upstream supply problem exists, or if there is a downstream equipment problem.
Measure extremely high current with iFlex probe
The FLUKE 378 includes a iFlex flexible current probe as standard (18 inch / 48 cm) - used to measure ac current as high as 2500 A. This flexible probe provides access to large conductors in tight spaces.
FLUKE 378 Key Features:
- FieldSense technology
- Measure voltage and current with your clamp jaw
- Faster, safer testing, all without touching a live wire
- Complete 3-phase voltage and current tests with fewer steps
- Record, analyse, share results with FLUKEConnect software
▶ FLUKE 377 & 378 FC 3-Phase Measurements In 3 Quick Clicks:
▶ FLUKE 377 & 378 FC FLUKEConnect Compatibility:
▶ FLUKE 378 FC Power Quality Indicator:
The FLUKE 378 is best suited for electrical troubleshooting and maintenance workflows in many job roles including:
- Electrical contractors
- HVAC technicians
- Field service engineers
- Maintenance technicians
Tools with FieldSense are extremely versatile for troubleshooting and routine maintenance applications in industrial, residential and commercial establishments:
- Checking if a circuit is live before starting work
- Measuring individual voltages and determine component resistances up to 60 kΩ
- Checking circuit loading at panel boards (including feeder cables, branch circuits, and neutrals) and the integrity of a grounding circuit
- Generator / Motor / Chiller Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Installation of HVAC motor and compressor
- Determining intermittent faults in assembly machinery
- Identifying efficiency in motors and drives to determine motor or drive capacity
What comes with the FLUKE 378?
- FLUKE 378 FC Non-Contact Voltage True-RMS AC/DC Clamp Meter
- TL224 Test Leads
- TP175 TwistGuard Test Probes
- AC285 black grounding clip (1 only)
- i2500-18 iFlex Flexible Current Probes 18 inch (48 cm)
- TPAK ToolPak Magnetic Meter Hanger
- Premium Carrying case
- Quick reference guide