FLUKE 709 Precision Current Loop Calibrator
The reliable FLUKE 709 designed to calibrate/troubleshoot mA loops and HART devices, perfect for: Instrument, Process and Plant Maintenance Technicians. The FLUKE 709 has been designed to reduce the time it takes to measure or source voltage or current and power up a loop and still produce high-quality results.
FLUKE 709 Key Features:
- Rugged design
- User friendly interface
- Best in class accuracy at 0.01% reading
- Measure, source and simulate 4 to 20 mA signals
- 24 V internal loop power supply
- Pushbutton step and ramp keys for fast linearity checks
- Easy to use menu interface to dial in values
- Simultaneous mA and % Readout
- Bright backlit display for easy viewing
- Comes with a protective holster which fits easily in a technician‘s hand
- 3 year warranty
What extra do you get with HART?
- HART Communications for several universal and common practice commands
- Serial port for exporting HART configuration and loop data logs with optional 709H/Track Software
How is the 709H different from the 707 and the competition? The 709H has a class leading 0.01% reading accuracy and has the ability to establish HART communications.
Do I need a separate 250Ω resistor to talk HART? No. The 709 and 709H has a built in resistor that can be enabled or disabled.
Will the 709H talk to all my HART transmitters? The 709H follows the recommend guidelines developed by the HART Communication Protocol 6. If the transmitter follows the guidelines, there should be no problems.
Can I use my 709H to power up a transmitter and read HART at the same time? Yes. The calibrator will power up the transmitter, read the mA output, and establish HART communication.
Will the 709H execute all the HART commands? In standalone form the 709H will execute several common practice and universal HART commands. The customer will still need a fully functional HART calibrator or communicator to execute Device Specific commands such as sensor trim. For more HART functionality the customer might consider the FLUKE 754.
FLUKE 709H/TRACK Logging Software
- Capture up to (20) HART field device configurations in the field to upload, document devices installed in the plant
- Log the measured mA signal and the PV, SV, TV, QV digital variables from a HART transmitter
- Enables loop tuning and long term HART loop performance diagnostics
- Uploaded files can be imported directly into Microsoft Excel for graphing or trending analysis
FLUKE 709/709H Perfect for the following job roles/Industries:
- Instrument Technician
- Process Technician
- Plant Maintenance Technician
- Facilities Manager
- Operations Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- I&E Supervisor
- Chemical Processing
- Pulp and Paper
- Food and Beverage
- Power Generation
System Responsibilities: Instrument maintenance, control systems, safety systems, process and environmental monitors