FLUKE 789 ProcessMeter Process Tool - Keeping your process up and running
The FLUKE 789 is the ultimate troubleshooting tool for electricians and instrumentation professionals
The FLUKE 789 Process Meter is a combination of a 4-20 milliamp loop calibrator and a CAT IV to 600-Volts safety rated Digital Multimeter (DMM) with an impressive display.
In the Milliamp function, the built-in loop calibrator sources a 4-20 milliamp signal to test devices with a 4-20 Amp input such as a PLC I/O or analogue milliamp indicator.
The 789 also has a Ramping function that allows you to Ramp the milliamp signal into the indicator, or other input device at one location and go to the device and check for an appropriate response, such as a valve stem indicator change or mode indicator of a control system.
In Milliamp Output Mode you can manually change the milliamp output to verify the device such as an input / output to a PLC or a local indicator you can go from 0 - span and change the output in 25% steps, change the output in one tenth of a million steps or one micro amp steps for fine-tuning.
The 789 also has a 24-Volt loop power supply that will power a transmitter, you can simultaneously measure the milliamp signal drawn against the loop power supply. It also has a 250 Ohm HART resistor you can switch in that will permit communication with a HART communicator.
FLUKE 789 Key Features:
- Ultimate troubleshooting tool for electricians and instrumentation professionals
- Combines the functionality of a loop calibrator with the power of a precision 1000 V, 440 mA True-RMS digital multimeter
- Optional IR3000FC module for wireless data logging capabilities via Fluke Connect mobile App
- Includes 24 V loop power supply
- Features a very large dual display with enhanced two-level backlight brightness settings
- Includes 0% and 100% buttons to toggle between 4 and 20 mA sourcing for a quick span check
- Provides all standard DMM capabilities including frequency measurement to 20 kHz, Min/Max/Average/Hold/Relative modes, and diode test and continuity beeper
- Simultaneous displays mA and % of scale readings
- Provides 20 mA DC current source/loop calibrator/simulator
- Offers manual step (100%, 25%, Coarse, Fine) plus auto step and auto ramp
- Delivers 0.1% dc voltage accuracy and 0.05% dc current accuracy
- Provides 1200 ohm drive capability on mA source
- Offers HART mode setting with loop power and a built-in 250 ohm resistor
- Offers externally accessible fuses and batteries for easy replacement
Options for the 789 ProcessMeter include:
- (Fluke 789/E) 789 ProcessMeter
- (Fluke 789/IR3000FC) 789 ProcessMeter c/w IR3000
- Enables wireless capabilities of FLUKE Connect connectivity with IR3000FC module
FLUKE Connect: You can add an optional temperature measurement module and the wireless data logging capabilities of the FLUKE Connect mobile app to log data wirelessly to your smart phone and review it from a remote location. So now process technicians can do a lot more while carrying a lot less.