Seaward Solar Power Clamp - Solar PV Test Equipment
Solar Power Clamp 396A961 is a power analysis tool; feature-packed and designed to enable efficiency measurements, troubleshooting and maintenance of photovoltaic systems.
This Solar Power Clamp is a multifunctional ac/dc clamp meter which measures AC and DC voltage current and power. It‘s an easy to use instrument, designed for efficiency measurements, troubleshooting and maintenance of photovoltaic systems. It can be used to identify faults and PV systems and assess the performance of inverters. Using the supplied DC test leads DC power measurement is fast and simple.
In order to ensure the maximum yield from a PV system it is important to check the efficiency of the conversion of DC power generated by the PV modules to AC power fed into the electrical installation. Efficiency is determined by measurement of both the voltage and current on the DC and AC sides of the inverter and using the measured values to calculate the DC and AC power. Alternatively, the DC or AC power can be measured directly on either side of the inverter in seconds using the Seaward Solar Power Clamp. The Power Clamp simply clips over the cable to measure current and the supplied in-line connectors can be used to measure the DC voltage whilst the PV modules are connected to the inverter, giving an accurate true RMS reading of the power whilst the system is operational.
The Solar Power Clamp can be used when installing a PV system to ensure the inverter is operating correctly or for maintenance and troubleshooting on the PV system after commissioning. If a PV system isn‘t generating the expected level of power under known irradiance and temperature conditions, this may indicate a fault with one or more components in the system.
Similarly, the presence of harmonics on the AC output of an inverter may indicate a fault within the inverter. In addition to power and efficiency measurements, the harmonic analysis function of the Solar Power Clamp can be used as a means of detecting faults within the inverter.
As PV systems have a lifetime of over 25 years, periodic inspection and testing is necessary to ensure that they are operating efficiently. Most inverters have a lifetime much shorter than that of the entire system and so require particular attention as part of system inspection and testing, to ensure optimal system return on investment and power output.
Seaward Solar Power Clamp Key Features:
- Rugged, robust and handheld, with active backlight and inbuilt cable illuminating torch – ideal for use in confined and/or dark spaces
- High performance instrument for measuring AC and DC power
- Power Factor measurement and harmonic analysis up to 25th harmonic for inverter performance analysis
- Reading: AC and AC+DC true continuous power (RMS) reading
- Indication: Phase rotation indication
- Measurement: Measure current and voltage
- Hold: Smart data hold and peak hold
- Voltage Indicator: Non-contact voltage indicator
- Includes MC4 test leads for DC power measurements (others available)
- Full clamp-on multimeter capabilities
What comes with the Seaward Solar Power Clamp?
- Seaward Solar Power Clamp
- 2 x MC4 (4mm test leads)
- Test lead (red) with test probe
- Test lead (black) with test probe
- Carry case
- Quick start guide