Megger DELTA 4110 / 4310 12 kV Insulation Diagnostic System
The DELTA4000 is used for shop and field testing of high-voltage electrical insulating systems at test voltages up to 12 kV. Test results can be used to evaluate the nature and quality of electrical insulating materials and manufacturing processes to reveal contamination, fractures, punctures, and other defects that accompany the aging of insulation. The test set comprises of a control unit, a high-voltage unit, cables, and canvas carrying bags.
Tests are made by measuring the capacitance and dissipation factor (power factor) of a specimen. The values measured will change when undesirable conditions exist, such as moisture on or in the insulation; presence of conductive contaminants in insulating oil, gas or solids; presence of internal partial discharges etc.
The test set measures insulation properties in high-voltage power equipment such as transformers, bushings, rotating machines, cables, circuit breakers, capacitors, surge (lightning) arresters etc. In addition, the test set can also measure transformer excitation current and transformer turns ratio (with optional TTR capacitor).
The DELTA4000 Series is designed for condition assessment of electrical insulation in high voltage apparatus such as:
- Circuit breakers
- Lightning arresters
- Rotating machinery
The test set is designed to provide a comprehensive AC insulation diagnostic test. The high power variable frequency design generates its own test signal independent of line frequency quality and the hardware design uses the latest technology available for digital filtering of the response signal. As a result, the DELTA4000 Series produces reliable results and stable readings, in the shortest time with the highest accuracy, even in high interference substations.
The DELTA4000 Series operates with PowerDB software for automatic testing and reporting or with Delta Control software for real-time manual testing.
Measurements include voltage, current, power (loss), tan delta, inductance, power factor and capacitance. The test results are automatically stored in the computer and can also be downloaded directly to USB storage or a printer.
Megger DELTA Key Features:
Performance / Benefits
- Generates its own test signal resulting in accurate and clean measurements
- High noise suppression and advanced signal acquisition circuitry
- Patented Individual Temperature Correction (ITC) allows the user to estimate the actual temperature dependence of the test object
Wide frequency range test output (1-500Hz)
- Ability to perform wide range DFR for diagnostic (1-500Hz) testing
- Allows testing of large capacitive specimens as well as ITC
- Easier to test and lighter weight solution for large capacitive specimen testing
Megger DELTA designed for your terrain!
For substations and related environments where terrain is rough and you are required move to various testing locations. Megger offers a collapsible trolley/cart equipped with a sturdy, wide handle for comfortable steering and control. The DELTA 4000 can be setup on the cart for easy testing and allows for convenient movement throughout the testing area.
New HV Cable for use with DELTA / TRAX series:
Quick Connect - Quality test connections improve the reliability of test results. Megger‘s new high voltage test cable addresses the challenges that are typically encountered when testing various assets to eliminate doubt from your testing conclusions:
The Various Models of the Megger DELTA:
- DELTA 4110 test set is to be used with an external computer (not included). Consists of: DELTA4100 control unit and DELTA4010 high-voltage unit.
- DELTA 4310 test set with onboard computer. Consists of: a touch-display interface, PowerDB software, plus printer. Allows connection to and control of MWA300, TTR300/310E, MTO300, MLR10 and insulation resistance instruments.