FLUKE T5-1000 Voltage Continuity & Current Electrical Tester
No matter what the electrical dilemma - the solution always depends on the basic electrical principles: Ohm’s Law and V = IR, where V is voltage, I is current, and R is resistance.
FLUKE T5-1000 is a general purpose volts-ohms-amps electrical tester that measures ac and dc voltage, and resistance values up to 1,000 Ω. In addition once its stationary open jaws slide around a conductor, the T5-1000 safely measures ac current up to 100 A without clamping the jaws shut or breaking the circuit.
FLUKE T5-1000 is essential for your toolbox!
This OpenJaw technology allows the T5-1000 to make highly accurate measurements in environments that would drive other clamp meters into early retirement.
The FLUKE T5-1000 Voltage Continuity and Current Tester is a versatile troubleshooting tool to carry to every job site. Use it to check voltage, continuity, and current with one compact tool. Just select volts, ohms, or current and the tester does the rest. This electrical tester automatically measures volts AC and volts DC with precise digital resolution.
▶ Video: FLUKE T5-600 / T5-1000 How To Measure Voltage & Current
FLUKE T5-1000 Key Features:
- Automatically measure AC and DC voltage up to 1000 V with precise digital resolution
- Suitable for industrial applications
- Auto-selects between AC and DC voltage
- Measure current up to 100 A without breaking the circuit with OpenJaw design
- OpenJaw design allows for fast and easy current measurement
- Measure current more safely without metallic contact
- Troubleshoot resistance problems up to 1000 Ω
- Measure resistance when troubleshooting motors, HVAC systems or electrical systems
- Built-in continuity beeper provides fast and easy go/no-go tests
- Work in tight spaces with detachable Slim Reach probe tips
- This voltage tester features a compact design with handy probe storage, easily fits in one hand
- The test lead slot in the back makes the meter an “extended handle” for the probe, leaving the other hand free to place the second lead
- Test leads accept FLUKE accessory test clips
- Key safety features
- Protected to EN61010-1 CAT IV 600 V / CAT III 1000 V rating
- Integrated protection circuit allows it to stay connected to a voltage source longer than a solenoid tester
- UL and CSA approved
- Additional product features
- Withstands a 10 ft. (3 m) drop
- Offers Auto-off mode to conserve battery life
- The T5-1000 voltage tester fits into an optional holster that attaches to a belt and neatly stows test leads
FLUKE T5-1000 Applications:
- Check if a circuit is live before beginning work
- Check individual voltages (either ac or dc)
- Determine component resistances up to 1000 ohms.
- Check circuit continuity
- Measure loads on a branch circuit at a service panel
- Measure the load side voltage of a circuit breaker or fuse
- Map outlets to breakers
- Check circuit loading at panel boards (including feeder cables, branch circuits, and neutrals) and the integrity of a grounding circuit
- Check for leakage currents in branch circuits. When both a neutral and corresponding supply wire are placed in the T5’s jaws the reading should be zero. A reading other than zero indicates that leakage current is returning on another path and, therefore, a leaky load or poor insulation condition exists
- Motor measurements including loading value, current balance and for troubleshooting control circuitry
What comes with the FLUKE T5-1000?
- FLUKE T5-1000 Voltage Continuity and Current Tester
- 4 mm detachable probes
- Instruction sheet
What‘s extra in the FLUKE T5-1000 kit?
Perfect Companions Complete The Kit
The portable VoltAlert AC non-contact voltage tester is easy to use – just touch the tip to a terminal strip, outlet, or supply cord. When the tip glows red and the unit beeps, you know there‘s voltage present. Electricians, maintenance, service, safety personnel, and homeowners can quickly test for energised circuits in the workplace or at home and even detect miss-wires of an electrical outlet.
The holster attaches to a belt and neatly stows test leads.
- 1AC II offers Voltbeat technology and continuous self-test so you always know it’s working
- Upon detection of voltage, the VoltAlert tip glows and beeper sounds