FLUKE T6-1000 Electrical Tester with FieldSense Technology
FLUKE open fork testers let you measure current, voltage, continuity and resistance quickly and safely so you can solve those difficult problems fast!
Measure true-rms current and voltage without touching an electric live wire, and without breaking the circuit. FieldSense technology lets you measure voltage using the same open fork that measures current. Simply establish a path to ground, slide the open fork around the wire under test, and see voltage or current readings. The T6-1000 dual-line display shows voltage and current (or frequency and current) on the same screen, at the same time.
FLUKE T6-1000 perfect for:
Troubleshooting electrical systems: commercial electricians who need fast, safe voltage and current measurements, up to 1000 V and 200 A at the same time.
Troubleshooting can be time-consuming and potentially dangerous because it requires access to metallic contact point. T6-1000 takes reliable true-rms measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with inaccessible endpoints, saving time, minimising potential errors, and greatly reducing the possibility of arc flash. This rugged electrical voltage tester is 1000V CAT III, 600V CAT IV safety rated and features an easy to read display with a backlight!
▶ Video: How Do I Use The FLUKE T6-1000?
FLUKE T6-1000 Key Features:
- Be more efficient - simultaneously measure voltage and current (or frequency and current)
- Safety - measure ac voltage, current, frequency without touching a live wire
- Faster answers - troubleshoot all power supply measurements at-a-glance (plus no need to open covers or remove wire nuts)
- Electrical voltage tester - measure voltage to 1000V AC through the open fork, without test leads
- 0 to 200 A ac
- True-rms voltage and current
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
- Frequency measurement 45 Hz to 66 Hz
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional FLUKE TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
- Standard 2-year warranty; extendable to 4 years through product registration within 45 days of purchase
How does FieldSense Technology work?
FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage (NB: Requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations).
FieldSense Technology measures a voltage signal in reference to earth via the hand of the user by a capacitive sensor without any electrical contact or galvanic connection, fully isolated!
The sensor area of the tester should be located close to the measured signal on a live conductor. In this case the hand and body of the user provides a connection to earth. The electrical field (voltage) and the magnetic field (current) is picked up. When there is a missing earth connection an earth symbol in the display of the T6 shows up.
In some cases, test leads have to be used: When the hand or the human body is isolated to earth (e.g. safety gloves) or if the human body has no earth reference (e.g. upper floors in wooden houses) the earth reference must be provided by connecting the black test lead (COM) to earth.
▶ Video: How Do I Use FieldSense Technology?
What comes with the FLUKE T6-1000?
- FLUKE T6-1000, 1000V AC Electrical Voltage Tester
- Attached test leads with removable 4 mm probe caps
- User documentation