HD Electric Company LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector
LV-5 is used to detect stray voltage as low as 5 volts which may be present on any electrically conductive surface such as street light poles, guide guy wires, wood transmission poles, meter cans, manhole covers and many other metallic surfaces in and around electrical utilities.
The detector provides a big robust grip, bright LED indication which allows for easy daylight visibility.
The LV5 operates even when holding with a gloved hand.
It works by making contact with potentially energised source using the detector‘s metal tip.
LV-5 Key Features:
- Easy-to-use and ergonomic with a bigger, more robust grip
- An effective stray voltage detector suitable for a variety of applications
- Applications locations: street light poles, guide guy wires, wood transmission poles, meter cans, manhole covers, many other metallic surfaces in and around electrical utilities
- Ultra bright, long-lasting red LED indicates when voltage is present
- Operates with bare or gloved hand
- The low threshold voltage sensing design picks up voltages from 5VAC to 600VAC with direct contact, and above 600VAC at a distance
- Detector is always on, ready to use and operates on two AA lithium or alkaline batteries
- Rugged, utility-grade design is waterproof
- Operating Frequency 50/60Hz
- Optional accessories: Extension Handle extends the LV-5 reach and Ground Shield used in areas where energised conductors are present and interfere with normal voltage tests
What comes with the two options for the LV-5?
- LV-5Stray Voltage Detector
- LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector
- LV-HS Holster with Integrated Tester
The integrated tester within the holster provides a visual indication of the test. Supplies a low voltage AC signal for testing before and after use. Supplied with a belt clip holster, allowing the user to carry the LV-5 in the holster on their belt.