LV5 - Stray Voltage Detector
The Stray Voltage Detector, model LV-5, is used to detect stray voltage as low as 5 volts which may be present on any electrically conductive surface such as street light poles, guide guy wires, wood transmission poles, meter cans, manhole covers and many other metallic surfaces in and around electrical utilities. This newer LV-5 has a bigger, more robust grip, a brighter LED indication that improves daylight visibility and has a tester built into the holster to quickly test the detector on a known voltage source before and after use. Otherwise it operates the same as the LV-S-5. The Detector operates by holding it with a bare or gloved hand and directly contacting the metal tip of the Detector to the potentially energised source. The LV-5/K01 issupplied with a belt clip holster, allowing the user to carry the LV-5 in the holster on their belt. The holster also includes an integrated tester that supplies a low voltage AC signal for testing the LV-5 before and after use.
Two optional accessories are available for the LV-5. The Extension Handle extends the reach of the LV-5, allowing theTester to test equipment on the ground or hard to reach locations. The Ground Shield is used in areas where high voltage lines or other energised conductors are present.
- Low threshold voltage sensing design picks up voltages from 5VAC to 600VAC with direct contact and above 600VAC at a distance
- Ultra bright, long-lasting red LED indicates when voltage is present
- Detector is always on, ready to use and operates on two AA lithium or alkaline batteries
- Rugged, utility-grade design is waterproof
- Tester integrated into the holster provides a visual indication of the test. Supplies a low voltage AC signal for testing before and after use
- Optional Extension Handle extendsthe LV-5 reach
- Optional Ground Shield used in areas where energised conductors are present and interfere with normal voltage tests
- Operating Frequency 50/60Hz