City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition Qualification Course
This is packaged in a number of different ways for your convenience - all achieving the industry recognised, City & Guilds accredited qualification of 2382-18.
The formats we offer:
- 18th Edition Full 3 Days
- 18th Edition Fast Track
- 1-day. Only suitable if you have a good working knowledge of BS7671 and have ideally achieved a 17th Edition Amendment 3 qualification. Focuses on the key changes made in the 18th edition but you will sit the full City & Guilds 2382-18 2-hour examination covering all BS7671 (not just the changes).
- Evening and Weekends
- Ideal if you wish to attend your training outside of normal working hours. Six evenings (6–9pm). Covering the full breadth of the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and will prep you for the full 2382-18 examination. You will attend one further evening to sit the examination (6–8pm).
- Highly flexible to meet your bespoke needs - delivery at your premises or at centre (small or large groups). Weekdays, evenings, Saturdays or a combination to suit you. With free loan copies of BS7671 or supply as part of the course cost.
This City & Guilds accredited course (in various formats) will give you a clear understanding of how current wiring regulations impact electrical installations. This course is fully updated and referenced to the 18th Edition wiring regulations BS7671:2018 (blue book). It‘s the latest City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition qualification and is essential for anyone working in the electrical industry.
City & Guilds 2382-18 is:
- Industry approved
- A requirement for Registered Electricians on the ECS card scheme
- Highly rated by employers
- An essential requirement of many leading bodies including NICEIC, ECA, ELECSA and NAPIT
- Key to enhancing your job prospects
- An ideal way to keep up to date with current industry procedures and practices
100% pass rates are regularly achieved on this course!
You will be guided through BS7671 by one of our industry trained experts with a friendly yet professional approach to training.
You will learn to relate to and understand the regulations through discussion of job-based scenarios and regular sample tests.
You will use the wiring regulations throughout the course and learn how to navigate the book. This will place you in an excellent position not only for your exam but for your working career to help you to promptly find the information you need.
2382-18 Who is it suitable for?
- Electrical Contractors
- Domestic Installers
- Other allied professionals who need to demonstrate an understanding of BS7671
- FREE hire of BS7671 18th Edition
- All City & Guilds fees – no hidden costs!
- Lunch and refreshments
- A unique an friendly learning environment!
2382-18 Course entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, you will need a basic knowledge of electrical science and a working knowledge of electrical systems.
What is the assessment for City & Guilds 2382-18?
At the end of your 2382-18 course, you will complete a computer-based multiple-choice exam. This exam is open book so you will be able to reference to a ‘clean’ copy of BS7671 throughout.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 60
- Question type: Multiple choices
- Permitted reference materials: BS7671 18th Edition
- Other allowed materials/equipment: Plain paper, pens and non-programmable calculator
On completion of the exam, you will normally receive a printed result slip within just a few minutes. Assuming you have been successful, a certificate will be available within 7 days of completing the course.
2382-18 Questions and Answers:
What happens if I fail an assessment?
You will have a very good chance of passing your assessments at the first attempt as these courses are very thorough and our tutors are there to guide and support you. If it doesn’t go right for you on the day the main thing, is not to worry – it happens from time to time. Your tutor will review your score with you and you may just need to review your notes again and sit the exam a couple of days later. This is often all that’s needed. If you and your tutor feel you need a little more support we can agree some extra 1-1 training for you. Whatever happens we want you to enjoy our courses and come away with the qualification that you wanted. Our tutors and staff will always be there to support and advise you.
What could be next in my progression plan, after the 2382-18 course?
After completing this course you may wish to consider:
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds 2396-10 Design and Verification