Chauvin Arnoux CA6505 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester for industrial equipment testing
The CA6505 5kV megohmmeter makes industrial equipment inspection and maintenance testing particularly simple!
Used throughout the world by electrical utilities and industrial customers alike, the CA6505 makes easy work out of HV insulation testing during construction, maintenance and the inspection of industrial equipment.
Housed in a rugged “site-proof” enclosure suitable for the most severe measurement conditions, the CA6505 combines simple, safe and fast operation with high accuracy test results. The product is overload protected on all inputs.
Immediately upon connection to the installation or equipment to be tested, the CA6505 will measure voltage, frequency, capacitance and residual current levels.
One press of the test button will initiate the selected test with the measured insulation resistance value and leakage current immediately appearing on the giant LCD. Results for PI (Polarisation Index) and DAR (Dielectric Absorption Ratio) are automatically calculated and displayed if the test is allowed to proceed for the appropriate duration. As soon as a test is terminated the CA6505 will safely discharge the item.
The CA6505 has a wide measurement range from 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ and includes a high performance guard circuit for eliminating unwanted leakage paths from test results.
Internal rechargeable batteries provide for several days of testing, lasting up to 30 days based on a typical use of 10 DAR and 5 PI tests per day.
All this, and for a fraction of the size and weight of equivalent competitor products!
Chauvin Arnoux CA6505 Key Features:
- Fixed 500/1,000/2,500/5,000 V DC test voltage or programmable from 40 V to 5,100 V DC
- Wide Measurement range: 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ
- Programmable test duration
- Automatic calculation of DAR & PI quality ratios
- Measurement of voltage, capacitance and leakage current
- Large LCD screen with bargraph
- Power supply by NiMh rechargeable battery
- Compliant with IEC 61557
- IP53 protection
- IEC 61010 1,000 V CAT III safety
- Dimensions: 270 x 250 x 180 mm / 4.3 kg
- Site-proof casing with highly shock-resistant lid
- Delivered with a shoulder bag
What comes with the Chauvin Arnoux CA6505?
- C.A. 6505 Megohmmeter
- 2 x Simplified measurement leads 2 m long, equipped with an HV plug at each end
- 1 x Guarded safety lead 2 m long, equipped with an HV plug at one end and an HV plug with rear connection at the other end
- 1 x Guarded safety lead 0.35 m long, equipped with an HV plug at one end and an HV plug with rear connection at the other end
- 3 x Crocodile clips (red, blue and black)
- 1 x Mains power-supply lead 1.80 m long
- 1 x Shoulder bag