Megger BM15 5kV Insulation Tester
The Megger BM15 is a general purpose 5kV Insulation Tester for electrical contractors and engineers who test machinery, transformers, switchgear, cables etc.
BM15 target industries:
- Electrical Contractors
- Maintenance Engineers
- Telecommunications Engineers
- Gas and Water Utilities
- Railway Companies
- Cable Manufacturers
- Mining Companies
Megger BM15 Key Features:
- Large, single scale analog display
- Auto voltage measurement function indicates conductor and auto discharge potential
- Supplied with optional locking test button
- Safety recessed terminals and long connectors
- Four output test voltages
- CE marked
- Unique scale overlay for pass/fail bands
- Resilient mounted analogue scale for robustness
- Single scale for insulation values to avoid operator error
- Range down to 100 kΩ ideal for go/no go testing
Megger BM15 Application:
Insulation is important for the safety of all electrical systems, providing a barrier to hazardous live conductors. Insulation can deteriorate due to the affects of moisture, sunlight and heat. A reduction in the value of insulation resistance can lead to a potentially dangerous situation caused by the dangers of electric shock, or arcing causing fire. If insulation resistance is regularly monitored unusually low values can be investigated before they cause danger, or inconvenience and cost due to equipment downtime for repairs.
What‘s the difference between the BM15 and MJ15?
The difference is the choice of power source:
- BM15 - powered by 8 x LR6 (AA) alkaline cells
- MJ15 - comes with a hand cranked generator plus batteries. If the test button is pressed the MJ15 uses battery power. Otherwise the crank handle is turned to save battery power or for use when the batteries are unavailable.
Both units are built into a rugged case designed for outdoor use. The instruments are also supplied with a soft carrying case, a test lead set, test record cards and batteries.
Safety terminals suitable for locking connectors are used for connection to the test piece. An automatic discharge circuit eliminates the voltage on capacitive loads after a test. The decaying voltage can also be viewed on the scale. Fused test leads are available as an option for voltage measurement. The instruments meet the IEC1010 safety specification and EMC specifications and are fully CE marked.