Radiodetection RD7100 Cable, Pipe and RF Marker Locator
This product is now obsolete. To find out more about the RD7200 (the model which has superseded the RD7100) CLICK HERE.
The RD7100 features Radiodetection‘s most advanced locating technologies, including optional foldaway RF Marker Ball antenna, with each model optimised for the challenges of locating a particular utility.
The new RF marker locator ranges deliver surveys with a combination of speed, accuracy and convenience unmatched by any others’ solutions.
All the RF locators offer both an automatic marker depth measurement system, which eliminates the need for a 2 step manual process, and also a combined utility- and marker-locating mode. They add the ability to detect RF utility markers, also known as EMS or Omnimarkers.
The RD7100 is Build for your working environment - with high contrast screen and weatherproof (IP65) construction, plus its light weight ergonomic design enables prolonged usage. RD7100 comes with built-in Li-Ion rechargeable batteries as standard for extended battery life and cost effective operation.
RD7100 Combined line and marker location mode:
RD7100 RF marker locators offer both a combined utility and marker locating mode as well as automatic marker depth measurement, eliminating the typical 2 step manual process. This advanced capability speeds up locate tasks and minimises missed locates.
Radiodetection RD7100 Key Features:
- Guidance Mode: Displays directional information alongside depth and current information to help both find the utility and ensure the correct target is being traced.
- Peak+ Mode: Combines the accuracy of Peak locating with the rapid ground coverage of Guidance Mode. A single key press lets you check for distortion by comparing Null with Peak.
- Power Filters: Power industry models, (PLM and RD8100 models) exploit the harmonic properties of power signals to identify the presence of multiple cables and distinguish between them.
- 4 kHz locating with Current Direction, (CD): Enables mid-range tracing of high impedance lines such as twisted pair telecom lines or street lighting power cables (PDLM and PTLM models). Used in conjunction with CD, operators can be sure they are staying on the correct utility
▶ Getting started with RD7100:
Radiodetection RD7100 Other Key Features:
- Detect all commonly used RF utility markers with automatic depth estimation for faster, accurate surveys.
- RD Map mobile-phone app for the real time creation of detailed buried utility maps (requires data connectivity and availability of Google Maps).
- Save time with combined mode to scan simultaneously for cables, pipes and RF markers reducing surveying time.
- Current Direction (CD) to help identify the target amongst a number of parallel utilities by applying a specialised CD signal.
- Simultaneous depth and current readings for faster surveys.
- Bluetooth connectivity as standard to interface to external devices and GIS systems.
- Integral logging system records significant locate parameters every second (including positional data for GPS models) storing up to 1 year of typical usage data.
- USB connectivity to quickly retrieve internal logs or to perform setup, validate or upgrade operations using the RD Manager PC software.
The various models of the RD7100:
RD7100PL(G) Power Industry Model
Designed for use in dense infrastructures where signals from high voltage equipment and cables can be confusing or overwhelming. Dynamic Overload Protection reduces the effect of interference, while Power Filters™ can be used to establish if a large power signal comes from one source or from the presence of multiple cables.
- Power Filters™: Power Industry Models, (PLM and RD8100 models) exploit the harmonic properties of power signals to identify the presence of multiple cables and distinguish between them.
RD7100SL(G) Construction Industry Model
Accurate and simple to use, the RD7100SL comes with four active and two passive frequencies that cover the majority of site locating tasks. A rugged, IP65 rated casing along with a high contrast screen make it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
RD7100DL(G) Water Industry Model
With four sonde frequencies, the RD7100DL can be used to trace deep pipes made from a variety of materials including: cast iron, clay, concrete and brick. Additionally, it can be used to locate Cathodic Protection System (CPS) signals applied to pipelines.
RD7000TL(G) Telecom Industry Model
RD7000TL features higher frequencies to locate high impedance cables amongst large bundled pairs and sonde frequencies for duct and conduit tracing. Higher frequencies can also be used to trace sheathed domestic cables without grounding connections. Cable sheath faults can be located to within 4” (10cm) using 8kHz Fault Find mode with a Radiodetection A-Frame.