Radiodetection SuperCAT4+ Utility Locator
Locate and protect underground assets with Radiodetection SuperCAT4+ designed for safe excavation and accurate locating.
Failure to accurately identify the presence of utilities may result in damage to underground pipes and cables leading to utility outages, costly repairs and project delays. In some instances personal injuries can result.
SuperCAT4+ can be used to locate a comprehensive set of active frequencies to support the detection and tracing of different cable types in varied environmental conditions.
Higher frequencies such as the 131kHz or 65kHz can be used to find well insulated, high resistance, utilities such as small core telecoms cables or insulated pipe joints. For long range locating of lower resistance utilities such as power cables or metallic pipelines, lower frequency options are available.
Radiodetection SuperCAT4+ Key Features:
- Safety built-in! All models come with a range of features designed to aid safe working practices
- Trudepth indicates depth when the locator is oriented correctly above the target cable, pipe or sonde for the most accurate reading
- Dynamic Overload Protection filters out interference where high levels of electrical interference is an issue (eg. near substations / HV transmission cables)
- StrikeAlert warns the user to the possible presence of shallow cables and utility lines in both Power and Active Line modes
- Automatically measure and display the depth in Active Line, Sonde or CPS modes if the environmental conditions are suitable for an accurate reading
- Real sound emitted! Radio, Power and Active signals can be easily distinguished from each other and from background noise
The Various Models of the Radiodetection SuperCAT4+:
SuperCAT4+ and T1 are easy to use, utility-specific locating tools with enhanced features for the challenges faced by particular industries. Detect more, reduce utility strikes and improve safety.
- (10/SUPERCAT4+50-M) SuperCAT+ Locator
- SuperCAT4+ can be used to locate a comprehensive set of active frequencies to support the detection and tracing of different cable types in varied environmental conditions.
- (10/SUPERCAT4+S50-M) SuperCAT+ S Locator perfect for water and drain pipe location
- Locates a range of sonde frequencies that can be matched to the challenges of finding water and drain pipes. Low frequency sondes are used to trace cast-iron pipes. Higher frequencies sondes are used to trace non-metallic pipes and conduits.
- (10/SUPERCAT4+CPS50-M) SuperCAT+ CPS Locator perfect for oil and gas pipe location
- For oil and gas pipes using a Cathodic Protection System, the CPS model can locate the rectified signal without attaching an additional transmitter.
Accessories to extend your capabilities:
An array of accessories are available for the SuperCAT4+ range to apply signals safely and effectively to pipes and cables, including live cables. Flexrods can be used to push a wide range of sondes up to 500’ (150m).
For non-conductive pipes or conduits the T1 can be connected to a FlexiTrace enables continuous locating and tracing of non-metallic ducts or pipes, for up to 260’ (80m).
Signal clamps can be used to apply a transmitter signal to a specific cable or pipe where direct connection is not possible. Live plug and cable connectors can be used to energise difficult to locate cables such as power cables from private properties to the main distribution cable in the street.