T&R PT30-10 mk2 High Voltage DC Cable Test Systems
The T&R PT30-10 HV DC Test Set performs tests on installed cable and jointing systems and is designed with variable output voltage with a maximum of ±30kVdc and a maximum charging capability of 10mA. The unit comes complete with discharge probe for your convenience.
A zero-volt interlock is fitted that prevents the output being switched on unless the output control is at zero. The units include an automatic load discharge system that discharges the cable under test when the output is switched off or a breakdown occurs. The internal dumping system can discharge a maximum of 2.5kJ on each output, corresponding to 4µF at 30kV. In the event of a test object failure, the overload circuit will automatically switch off the output voltage and earth the output via the internal discharge circuit.
A manual T&R discharge probe (DP40) is also supplied as standard with the PT30-10 MK2, 30kV 10mA DC Tester, allowing higher load capacitances to be safely discharged. The mk2 units introduce automatic 115/230V mains voltage selection, allowing easy transition between site voltages.
The output voltage is metered by two large, linear, analogue instruments marked 0-30kV. Test object current is metered by two further analogue instruments with 0-10 scale marking. The meters read 0-10mA directly, or 0-1mA when the ÷10 push button is operated.
The HV output from the unit uses a high quality plug and socket system, allowing for easy cable replacement.
T&R PT30-10 Key Features:
- ±30kVdc output voltage
- 10mA output capability
- Both voltage and current metered on HV outputs
- Automatic earth system for dumping capacitive loads
- HV output plug and socket system
- Key operated supply switch to prevent unauthorised operation
- Zero-volt interlock
- Visual indication of test piece failure
- Automatic mains voltage selection
What comes with the T&R PT30-10?
- Mains input lead
- 2 keys (for mains ON/OFF switch)
- 5 metre earth lead fitted with clip and tag
- 5 metre high voltage output cable fitted with HT plug & clip, colour coded red. Supplied with protective cap for plug
- 5 metre high voltage output cable fitted with HT plug & clip, colour coded black. Supplied with protective cap for plug
- HV blanking plug for unipolar testing
- DP40 discharge/earthing probe
- Operating & Maintenance Manual
- Carry bag with pocket for above items
- The unit is supplied with a spare F5A 32mm (1¼”) mains fuse
T&R PT30-10 Related Products:
Specification of the supplied discharge rod (DP40):
|Maximum discharge voltage
|Maximum discharge energy
|Maximum discharge capacitance
|Earth lead length
|Earth lead CSA