HVI Metrohm High Voltage Detector (HVD)
High Voltage Detectors (HVD’s) are widely used throughout the electricity industry to determine that high voltage lines are de-energised prior to work being carried out thus ensuring safety of personnel. Designed to comply with relevant IEC standards.
HVI HVD Key Features:
- Automatic alarming above threshold voltage as default
- Easy to use
- Lightweight (600g)
- Fast response time, less than 1 second
- High Impact ABS body
- Self test facility
- Indoor/Outdoor use
- -25°C to +55°C operating temp range
- Shock & drop resistant
- Standard safety yellow (other colours available)
- Easy access for battery replacement
A wide range of models are available to cover most distribution and transmission voltages used throughout the world.
High Voltage Detector Operation and Features:
HVD’s are battery operated electronic contact devices that give clear indication of the status of the line under test both visually, by means of super-bright LED’s and audibly with a high intensity buzzer, this ensures clear indication even in conditions of bright sunlight and high background noise All detectors have the facility to self check before and after use.
What is included in the High Voltage Detectors Kit?
- High Voltage Detector (please specify)
- Contact electrodes (Y)
- Extension probe assembly
- Bowthorpe Rod adaptor
- Carry Bag
- Polymer cleaning kit
- Instruction Manual
The various models of the High Voltage Detectors:
- HVD10/2A 6.6 kV-33 kV with a threshold of 1.2 kV
- HVD11/2A 11 kV-66 kV with a threshold of 2.5 kV
- HVD14/2A 33 kV-132kV with a threshold of 6 kV
- HVD35/2A 11 kV-275kV with a threshold of 100 V
Specify range on enquiry - Please note starting price is from £350