Megger MIT420 Industrial Maintenance Insulation and Continuity Tester
Megger MIT420/2 Industrial Maintenance Insulation and Continuity testers offer CATIV 600 V safety in a convenient easy to hold format.
It is a true diagnostic test instrument designed to measure insulation resistance, offering functions such as TRMS voltage measurement, polarisation index (PI), dielectric absorption ratio (DAR) and capacitance measurement. These diagnostic tests make it ideal for engineers make it ideal for engineers working in industrial maintenance, allowing them to trend motor performance, and give more solid evidence when taking a motor out of service.
The MIT420 mk2 Insulation and Continuity Tester is designed not just for Electrical and Industrial, but with an exceptionally wide range of applications from electrical installations, cable testing, motor testing, automotive, ESD, panel building, avionics, maintenance etc. Insulation testing has been enhanced with feedback controlled test voltages to limit over-voltage to 2%, rather than the industry standard 10-20%.
Continuity testing is now significantly faster, and a single auto-ranging 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ function replaces the “Ohms” and “kOhms” ranges. Retained are the 200 mA and 20 mA test options.
▶ Video: A Run Through Of The Megger MIT400 Range:
What‘s NEW with the Megger MIT420 mK2 (1004-739)?
The updated mK2 now includes several new features detailed below including stabilised test voltage control and a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. Over-moulded for increased protection to achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
- NEW Stabilised insulation test voltage
- NEW Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ
- NEW Case design with optional magnetic hanging strap
- NEW Rechargeable options for mains and car charging
- NEW Test voltages 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000
- NEW Variable test voltage
- Adjustable test voltage from 10 V to 1000 V
- NEW PASS/FAIL indication
- PASS or FAIL displayed depending on threshold voltage
- NEW Test voltage display
- The actual test voltage is displayed on the smaller digital readout, with the measurement on the larger digital display.
- NEW Continuity feature:
- Single resistance range One range fully automatic from 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ
- NEW Display feature:
- Setup functions allow control of Buzzer limit alarms, Continuity test currents
Other Megger MIT420 Key Features:
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ range
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Live circuit detection and protection
- CAT IV 600 V and IP54
- PI and DAR
- Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) functions
- Polarization Index (PI): 10 min / 1 min ratio
- Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR ): 60 sec / 15 sec ratio
60 sec / 30 sec ratio
- Capacitance 0.1 nF - 10 μF
- On board memory
- Timed testing
- Automatically test to a time limit
- 2% test voltage accuracy
- The output test voltage is maintained within the tolerance or -0% +2%
- Stabilised test voltage
- The voltage is feedback controlled to ensure it remains within specification throughout the full test range
- Analogue arc
- The display also features an analogue arc to replicate the response of a moving coil display
- Silicon leads
- High quality flexible silicon test leads are comfortable to use and prevent measurement errors on GΩ ranges above 5 GΩ
- Test inhibit
- Prevents testing if voltages in excess of 25 V, 30 V, 50 V, 75 V 100 V (set by the user) are detected when making insulation tests (Default is 50 V)
- Insulation buzzer
- The buzzer can be set to buzz if the insulation resistance is above a user adjustable limit, set in the Setup menu
- Test Lock
- Holds insulation test on continuously
- Lead null
- Lead resistance compensation (NULL) operates up to 10 Ω of resistance
- ON/OFF selected by simple push button
- Buzzer limit
- Continuity buzzer limit alarm provides adjustment of the maximum resistance the continuity buzzer sounds. This is adjustable from 1 Ω to 200 Ω in 12 steps
What comes with the Megger MIT420/2?
- Megger MIT420/2 Insulation Tester
- Red/Black Silicone Test Leads with Probes and Clips
- SP5 Remote Switch Probe
- Owners Information CD
- 6 x NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
- Hard Carrying Case
▶ Video: Putting The Megger MIT400 Through It‘s Paces!
▶ Video: Getting Started With The MIT400 Series:
The Megger MIT400 Series:
- MIT400/2 (1004-731) 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V
- MIT410/2 (1004-735) 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V + Polarisation Index, Dielectric Absorption Ratio
- MIT420/2 (1004-739) 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V + Polarisation Index, Dielectric Absorption Ratio, Variable Test Voltage and result storage
- MIT430/2 (1004-740) 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V +Polarisation Index, Dielectric Absorption Ratio, Variable Test Voltage and Bluetooth download