Flir Stainless Steel Infrared Camera Windows with PIRMA-Lock
If there are mixed-metal concerns, opt for this durable stainless steel option.
An IR window allows for a thermal camera to see through a window and carry out a thermal scan without opening up a steel or lexan cabinet. This means you can inspect energised equipment at a lower risk. A typical window doesn‘t allow for the transmission of thermal energy but a window made from calcium fluoride crystal not only allows for thermal energy to come through but is transparent enough for visual inspections. Without the installation of an IR window, a thermal scan would require a lot more time and cost. You need to apply full personal protective wear and would need to open up the cabinet, instead of just opening up the IR window and taking a look! Depending on the size of the equipment and desired inspection points you may need a 2, 3 or 4 inch window, or multiples of each on one panel. The Flir IR window series is certified to any indoor or outdoor installation and any voltage range to meet the varying electrical and equipment locations and sizes.
The Flir IR windows feature the PIRMA-lock design which increases our pull out strength and simplifies installation. The robust permanent cover attachment is built for simplicity and durability.
Safer, more efficient electrical IR inspections
You put your life at risk every time you inspect live electric components–but you don’t have to. FLIR’s IRW-Series inspection windows add a protective barrier between you and energised equipment. There’s no need to pile on the layers of protection* needed to open up the electrical cabinet. You’ll perform inspections more efficiently and reduce the threat of arc flash injury, all while staying in compliance with NFPA 70E requirements. FLIR IRW-Series windows feature a permanent hinged cover that flips open easily, so there’s nothing to drop, mix up, or lose. Choose the standard anti-corrosion anodised aluminium frame, or if there are mixed-metal concerns, opt for durable stainless steel. This will help prevent galvanic corrosion from contact between the stainless steel cabinet and window frame.
*Personal protective equipment (PPE) may still be required as determined by your plant safety personnel.
- Reduces the need to open cabinets for inspections
- Easy to install
- Shortens inspection time
- Cuts the cost of inspections
- Automatically grounds metal components
- PIRma-Lock ring nut locks window tight inside the panel
- Simple flip-open hatch secured with thumb screw releases
- Permanently-hinged cover prevents dropping, mix-ups, and loss
- Inside label for permanent identification
- Transmits short-, mid-, and longwave IR images
- Works with all thermal and visual inspection cameras
- Allows laser pointers and illumination to shine through
- Saves time and labour by eliminating the need to remove panel covers
- Can reduce or eliminate need for cumbersome PPE*
- Stainless steel option resists corrosion by preventing contact between dissimilar metals
- Durable for harsh environments and the outdoors
Options for Flir Stainless Steel Infrared Camera Windows with PIRMA-Lock:
- (19250-200) FLIR IRW Stainless Steel InfraRed Window 2"
- (19251-200) FLIR IRW Stainless Steel InfraRed Window 3"
- (19252-200) FLIR IRW Stainless Steel InfraRed Window 4"