Megger OTD Oil Tan Delta - Oil Tester
Testing insulating oil is essential to maintaining the condition of your assets, so it’s important that you have the best tool to do it. Megger‘s Oil Tan Delta (OTD) is the perfect laboratory instrument for this purpose. It can tell you the overall quality of your insulating liquid through measuring its tan delta, resistivity and relative permittivity with impressive speed and accuracy.
- NEW OTD - Oil Tan Delta tester measures Tan Delta, Relative Permittivity and Resistivity of insulating oils Calibration certified to ISO 17025
- Fully automated standard and user defined tests - Supports all international standards
- Integrated test cell heating and cooling systems
- Efficient oil fill and integrated automated oil drain facility
- IEC 60247 Innovative Test Cell - easy to assemble and clean
- Stores up to 50 records on-board and download to PC
- Compact and lightweight (22 kg / 48.5 lbs)
▶ Megger OTD - What‘s in the box?
For more videos including How To Operate and Additional Features - See the videos section.
Oil Tan Delta Key Features:
- Keypad and a tabular designed user interface for efficient navigation and control
- Bright 3.5” colour display for ease of use
- Fully automated test sequences
- -16 pre-installed international standards
- -6 user programmable sequences
- 14 supported languages on the display
- Test Cell heating up to 110°C with uniformity across the cell - IEC 60247
- Oil drain facility - manual and fully automated micro processor controlled
- Minimal Test Cell components - easy to assemble and disassemble
- Safe operation with dual redundant micro switches
- Internal impact printer - automatically prints at the end of a test or manually if preferred
- USB download of stored results to PowerDB
A NEW addition to the comprehensive range of Megger Oil Test Sets, the OTD measures Tan Delta, resistivity and relative permittivity of insulating oils. The OTD is a fully automated tester and comes loaded with a set of international test standards:
- IEC 60247:2004
- IEC 61620:1998
- ASTM D924-08
- ASTM D1169:2002
- BS 5737:1979
- JIS C2101:1999
- VDE 0380-2:2005_01
- IS 6262:1971
- IS 6103:1971
As well as the international set of standards, the OTD supports up to six customer configurable test sequences. Productivity in the laboratory is maximised, with the focus on reducing the test cycle time by fan cooling and inductive heating, together with an oil drain facility, negating the need to move the oil vessel. The OTD has a 12 key alpha-numeric keypad to facilitate entry of test ID, filenames, notes, etc.
Test results are identified by a test ID and are time and date stamped. Megger’s asset and data management software, PowerDB Lite, included at no extra cost, provides a tool for downloading results via the USB interface, while an internal printer provides hard copy results. Ink based printout ensures durability at all temperatures.
User safety is paramount and Megger have designed independent, dual redundant high voltage cut-off circuitry to ensure safety. During a test, press any button on the keypad to remove the high voltage immediately and abort the test. The transparent lid provides ample visibility within the chamber.
Oil Tan Delta Applications:
Monitoring and maintenance of oil quality is essential to ensure the reliable operation of oil filled electrical equipment. Codes of practice have been established in many countries that include tests for Tan Delta, Relative Permittivity and Resistivity.
- New oil reception - quality test
- Regeneration of oil - quality test
- Monitoring and maintenance of oil quality in oil filled electrical equipment
- Switch Gear
- HV Cables