City & Guilds 2377 PAT Testing Course
City & Guilds 2377 Course is packaged to provide two options for your convenience - both achieving industry recognised, City & Guilds accredited qualifications:
- 2377-22 PAT Training Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- 2.5 day course guides you through the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. Concentrates on this publication through explanation, worked examples and practical ‘hands-on’ tuition.
- 2377-22 & 32 PAT Training and Management (Management requirements for the maintenance of Electrical Equipment)
- 3 day course with an additional session to cover the extra detail required prior to you completing a further 40 question exam paper.
The aim of this qualification is to enable you to undertake practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment. This qualification specifically addresses the requirements of the IEE Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
The course concentrates on the IEE Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition) through discussion, worked examples and practical ‘hands-on’ tuition.
City & Guilds 2377:
- Is industry approved
- A key to unlocking job prospects
- Enables you to understand
- The statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to the management of electrical equipment maintenance
- The electrical units of measurement associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- How equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock
- The procedures for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- How to carry out combined inspection and testing
- The information contained in documentation in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
2377 Who is it suitable for?
- Electrical Contractors
- Domestic Installers and others who need to inspect and test electrical equipment
City & Guilds cannot accept any registrations for candidates under 18 as these qualifications are not approved for under 18s.
- Free course book hire (IEE Code of Practice)
- All City & Guilds registration, assessment and certification fees – no hidden costs!
- Lunch and refreshments
- A unique and friendly learning environment!
2377 Course entry requirements?
You should be familiar with electrical systems and the hazards of electricity in order to successfully complete this qualification. Those without such knowledge should complete our 1-day pre-course training session priced at just £100 + VAT. Please contact us for further details.
City & Guilds impose a minimum age requirement of 18 years for this course.
What is the assessment for 2377-22 (Portable Appliance Testing)?
- Duration: 1.45 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Question type: Multiple choice online exam.
- Practical: 50 minute practical assessment where you will need to demonstrate an ability to inspect and test electrical equipment
...and extra for the management option 2377-32?
- Duration: 1.20 hours
- Number of questions: 40
- Question type: Multiple choice online exam
2377 Questions and Answers:
What happens if I fail an assessment?
You will have a very good chance of passing your assessments at the first attempt as these courses are very thorough and our tutors are there to guide and support you. If it doesn’t go right for you on the day the main thing, is not to worry – it happens from time to time. Your tutor will review your score with you and you may just need to review your notes again and sit the exam a couple of days later. This is often all that’s needed. If you and your tutor feel you need a little more support we can agree some extra 1-1 training for you. Whatever happens we want you to enjoy our courses and come away with the qualification that you wanted. Our tutors and staff will always be there to support and advise you.
What could be next in my progression plan, after the 2377 course?
After completing this course you may wish to consider:
- City & Guilds Inspections and Testing
- City & Guilds 2396-01 Design and Verification