FLUKE 435 Series II Power Quality and Energy Analyser
Advanced power quality functions, unprecedented energy analysis capabilities. Think of the FLUKE 435 II Power Quality and Energy Analyser as your insurance policy. No matter what goes wrong in your facility, with the 435-II you will always be prepared. Equipped with advanced power quality functions and energy monetisation capabilities, there is no electrical issue this model can’t handle.
FLUKE 435 Hardware - How does it differ from the Series I models?
The FLUKE 435-II Basic Power Quality Analyser (Three-Phase) takes the best features from Series I and adds new and impressive features making it more powerful and easier to use:
The Series II unit is a little wider to accommodate the larger, brighter display which diagonally measures 6 inches (15 cm), so you can view all the important measurement data on one screen. Larger buttons for easy operation are also further apart so they can be operated even when wearing safety gloves. Quick and easy access buttons have been added for the ‘Scope‘ and ‘Logger‘ functions (the most utilised functions).
The battery compartment has two important updates too...
It is now much easier to access the battery compartment which houses a smaller, lighter lithium-ion battery which only fills half the compartment. This is provided as standard and powers the 435-II for up to 8 hours. The compartment can also accommodate a double capacity battery which powers the 435-II for up to 16 hours. It also allows easy access to the new SD memory card, 8GB as standard however it will also take a 32GB SD card which will log detailed data for months. The SD card can be removed and data read directly via your PC. If you do not want to remove the SD card use a standard mini USB cable. The USB port is fully isolated so FLUKE can maintain the best-in-class 600 Volt CAT IV rating of the 435, ensuring your safety at all times.
On top of instrument there are five 4mm sockets for voltage connections and four sheilded BNC connections for flexible current probes or current transformers.
The FLUKE 435-II comes with four iflex flexible current probes, these are 24 inches long and can measure from 0.5 Amps up to 6000 Amps.
The new thin cross-section of the flexible probes enables you to get in to the tightest spaces and the length enables you to get around large conductors and bundles of cables.
FLUKE 434 and 435 Series II gives you everything you need for energy optimisation, logging or power quality trouble shooting, that includes:
- Voltage measuring leads
- Power supply
- Voltage clips
- Software CD for downloading data and analysis
▶ Looking at energy loss calculator with a new chiller!
FLUKE 435 Features:
- 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance
- Measure all three phases and neutral
- 4 flexible current probes with enhanced thin flex design to fit into the tightest places
- Automatic Trending
- 10 power quality parameters on 1 screen!
- Configure for any test condition (with Logger function)
- Memory for up to 600 parameters at user defined intervals
- View graphs and generate reports
- Adjustable hand strap
- 7 hour battery life
FLUKE 435 Applications:
- PowerWave data capture
- Capture fast RMS, show half-cycle and waveforms so you can determine how the voltage, current and frequency values are interacting
- Characterise electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.)
- Power inverter efficiency
- Simultaneously measure AC output power and DC input power for power electronics systems using optional DC clamp.
- Energy loss calculator / monetisation / assessment
- Classic active and reactive power measurements, unbalance and harmonic power, are quantified to pinpoint the fiscal costs of energy losses.
- Calculate the fiscal cost of energy waste due to poor power quality
- Quantify the before and after installation improvements in energy consumption to justify energy saving devices
- Frontline / real-time troubleshooting
- Quickly diagnose problems on-screen to get your operation back online
- Analyse the trends using the cursors and zoom tools
- Predictive maintenance
- Detect and prevent power quality issues before they cause downtime
- Long-term analysis / Load studies
- Uncover hard-to-find or intermittent issues
- Verify electrical system capacity before adding loads
▶ How to set up the energy loss configuration on the FLUKE 435
What comes with the FLUKE 435?
- FLUKE 435-II Power Quality and Energy Analyser
- BC430 Power Adapter
- International plug adapter set
- BP290 (Single capacity Li-ion battery) 28 Wh (8 hours or more)
- TLS430 Test lead and Alligator clip set
- WC100 color coding clips and regional decals
- 8 GB SD card
- PowerLog on CD (includes operator manuals in PDF format)
- USB cable A - Mini B
What extra accessories come with the FLUKE 435-II (non-BASIC version)?
- 4 x FLUKE i430 Flexible Current Probes