FLUKE 1746 Power Quality Logger
Weather you work in an electrical utility or an industrial facility, understanding the health of your power quality is critical. The FLUKE 1746 has been designed specifically with technicians and engineers in mind to provide accurate reliable data for analysis, system planning and demand management.
With its small footprint, the 1746 has been designed to fit into tight spaces and panels. It can even be powered directly from the measured line, which is critical for installations where there is no power outlet available. With IP65 rated iFlex connectors and an optional IP65 rated voltage connector, the FLUKE 1746 stands up to harsh environments.
The FLUKE 1746 has full Class A measurement compliance, which means technicians can be confident in their measurement results. The Class A standard defines measurement methods for each power quality parameter, so you can obtain reliable, repeatable and comparable results every time.
Use the included Energy Analyse Plus software to manage all the setup and operational parameters, including the advanced intelligent measurement Verification Function. The Verification Function displays connection errors and allows you to connect digitally with the process of a button, all without removing test probes. Once the connections are corrected, the power button on the unit will turn from amber to green. You can even minimise your time and potentially hazardous environments and reduce the hassle of suiting up in PPE by using a WI-FI connection to connect to Energy Analyse Plus, to view data directly in the field. With one touch power quality health reporting, you can create standardised reports according to common industry standards; making advanced power quality analysis easier than ever. Quickly assess the quality of power whether you‘re at the substation, service entrance or at the load.
The FLUKE 1746 Power Loggers gives you faster, easier setup, better data collection and more accurate reporting and results.
FLUKE 1746 Hardware Key Features:
- Measure all three voltage and current phases plus the neutral current: Three-phase and neutral voltage leads and four flexible current probes*.
- Comprehensive logging: More than 20 separate logging sessions can be stored in the instrument. A comprehensive range of power and power quality variables are automatically logged so you never lose measurement trends.
- Measure with premium accuracy: Meets the rigorous IEC 61000-4-30 Class A Edition 3 standard for ‘Testing and measurement techniques–Power quality measurement methods.
- Measure key power quality parameters: Measures harmonics and interharmonics for voltage and current, also includes unbalance, flicker and rapid voltage changes.
- Optimised user interface: Capture the right data every time with quick, guided, graphical PC based application setup and reduce uncertainty about your connections with an intelligent verification feature and the only auto-correction function for a power quality logger. Connection errors are automatically indicated via an amber light on the units power button which turns green once corrected.
- Optimised user interface: Quick, guided, graphical setup ensures you’re capturing the right data every time, and the intelligent verification function indicates correct connections have been made, reducing user uncertainty
- Flexible power supply: Powers directly from the measured circuit with the widest available range for a power quality logger automatically going from 100 V to 500 V or from a wall line cord, so you can test anywhere.
- Rugged and reliable: Designed to withstand harsh installation environments with IP65 rating when used with IP65 voltage input adapter.
- Two external USB ports: One for PC connection and another for quick, simple data download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices, allowing you to leave the measurement device in place without disrupting logging.
- Ethernet connectivity: Wired and wireless connections for instrument setup and high-speed data download.
- Compact size: Designed to fit in tight spaces and panels with small 23 cm x 18 cm x 5.4 cm (9.1 in x 7.1 in x 2.1 in) footprint.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
- Optimised measurement accessories: Unique tangle-free flat voltage cable and thin flexible current probes ensure easy installation even in tight spaces.
- Battery life: Four-hour operating time (backup time) per charge on lithium-ion battery to withstand temporary power disruptions.
- Security: Safeguard your best asset from theft with a standard chain or other security device.
- Magnetic hanger kit: Conveniently stow the instrument safely inside or outside of electrical panels; compatible with all models (optional accessory).
* Model dependant
FLUKE 1746 Software Key Features:
- "In-workshop" or "in-the-field" setup and download through PC application software: simple download using USB memory stick, WiFi download, wired Ethernet connection or via USB cable.
- Energy Analyse plus application software: Download and analyse every measured detail of energy consumption and power quality state-of-health with automated reporting.
- One-touch reporting: Create standardised reports according to commonly used standards like EN 50160, IEEE 519, GOST 33073 or export data in PQDIF or NeQual compatible format for use with third party software.
- Advanced analysis: Choose any available logged parameter to create a highly customised view of logged measurements for advanced correlation of data.
The various models of the FLUKE 1746:
- (FLUKE 1746/B/EUS) without IFLEX Current Probes
- (FLUKE 1746/15/EUS) with 24IN/60CM 1,500A IFLEX Current Probes
- (FLUKE 1746/30/EUS) with 24IN/60CM 3,000A IFLEX Current Probes