Megger INGVAR Primary Current Injection Test System
INGVAR is intended for use in high-voltage substations and industrial environments, for laboratories and testing purposes. INGVAR consists of a Control Unit equipped with a control panel and a Current Unit. The units are portable and easy to connect.
This 5000 A two-piece portable system is designed for primary injection testing of protective relay equipment and circuit breakers. It is also used to test the turns ratio of current transformers and for other applications that require high variable currents.
The control unit has many advanced features including a powerful measurement section that can display turns ratio as well as time, voltage and current.
A second measurement channel can be used to test an additional current or voltage. Current transformer turns ratio, impedance, power, power factor (cos φ) and phase angle are calculated and shown in the display. Current and voltage can be presented as percentages of nominal value.
Megger INGVAR Applications:
- Primary current injection testing and breaker testing
These tests require high currents and the ability to measure very short duration, current flow. INGVAR has been designed especially to meet these needs.
- Testing current transformers
For turns ratio testing, the primary current and either the secondary current or the turns ratio are displayed simultaneously.
- Polarity testing
The currents phase displacement is shown, and the polarities of the outputs are clearly marked
- Performing Heat runs
Current can be applied continuously or through programmable intervals.
- Test circuit breakers with reclosing relays
Operating limits, partial times, total times and the number of operations before lockout can be measured. User-selectable reclosing sequences can be programmed for testing sectionalisers.
- Testing integrity of safety-ground devices
One way to test safety-ground devices is by injecting current through the safety-ground and measure the voltage drop to get the impedance.
Megger INGVAR Key Features:
- Most advanced primary current injection test system to simplify all types of switchgear and CT commissioning, ground grid, circuit breaker testing and more
- Up to 5000 A output current
- Two units, each of about 20 kg, makes it easier to carry
- Unique I/30 function allows the current to be pre-set using low current to prevent test sample heating, thus eliminating corruption of test result