Seaward Solar Survey 200R Irradiance Meter
Multifunctional Irradiance meters are the perfect tools for photovoltaic and solar thermal installers to conduct comprehensive site surveys. They combine the measurements required to assess the suitability of a site, measuring:
- Compass bearing
- Ambient and module temperatures
Solar Survey 200R can be used to determine the orientation and pitch of a surface, such as a roof. Temperatures are measured by connecting the Solar Survey‘s external sensor, and pressing the temperature button will display the ambient air temperature. Attaching the panel sensor onto the rear of the PV module will then also give the module temperature.
Solar Survey instruments determine environmental factors that will affect the performance of a PV installation, and so is an essential tool in surveying commissioning and performance analysis of PV and solar thermal installations.
The 200R can wirelessly connect to the PV150/PV200/PV210 and Solar Utility Pro to give real-time irradiance, ambient temperature and PV module temperature measurement results simultaneously
with the electrical tests being conducted, as required by the IEC 62446 international standard. All test results can then be downloaded from the PV150/PV200/PV210 and Solar Utility Pro to the relevant PC software.
The Solar Survey 200R model also includes a data logging facility with USB interface for data download to a PC. This allows for irradiance and temperature to be recorded at user-defined intervals over a number of hours or days, the collected data can then be downloaded to a PC for analysis of for inclusion in installation reports.
Seaward Solar Survey 200R Key Features:
- Rugged, robust and handheld
- Measurement functions: Irradiance, temperature, compass bearing and inclination
- Measure irradiance and display in W/m2 for photovoltaic or BTU/hrft2 for thermal applications
- Built-in compass and inclinometer to measure roof orientation and pitch
- Display options for photovoltaic or thermal applications
- Compliant with IEC 62446
- Wireless connection to other Seaward PV instruments
- Data logger (store and download to PC)
- Supplied with suction mount temperature probe for handsfree ambient and surface temperature measurement
- Wirelessly connect to the PV150/PV200/PV210 and Solar Utility Pro (available separately)
- Optional mounting bracket for accurate and easy measurements
What comes with the Solar Survey 200R?
- Solar Survey 200R Irradiance Meter
- Temperature sensor
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Calibration certificate