Megger S1-1068 10kV High Performance Diagnostic Insulation Tester
The S1-1068 high performance insulation tester has been designed to make accurate stable measurements in noisy environments such as 765kV substations, with remote operation for additional safety provided in high energy locations.
Regular insulation resistance testing is one of the most cost effective, non-destructive methods of identifying ageing in electrical equipment. With over 60% of equipment failures being ascribed to insulation breakdown, it is a key area to monitor. Diagnostic DC testing is probably the easiest and most convenient method of achieving this due to the small size and weight of the equipment.
With a full 8 mA of noise rejection and 4 levels of filtering the fast charging S1-1068 obtains meaningful results in extremely hostile environments. Offering the full gamut of automatic insulation tests, IR, timed IR, polarisation index (PI), dielectric absorption ratio (DAR), Step Voltage, Dielectric Discharge and ramp, the S1-1068 allows the operator to control the test remotely from a computer using the 10 kV isolated USB port, to store the date and time stamped results on board or to download them is real time using Bluetooth. This is the perfect tester for the itinerant contractor as it will give results in any electrical environment.
Megger S1-1068 target Markets/Applications:
- Power utilities and service companies working in generation, transmission and distribution markets
- Testing electrical insulation: Cables, transformers, motors/generators, circuit breakers, bushings
▶ Megger‘s High Performance Guard Terminals:
Megger S1-1068 Key Features:
- Rapid charge Li-ion battery: meets IEC62133 (or a.c. source operation)
- Resistance measurement: 35 TΩ - 10 kV
- High current: 6 mA short circuit current
- High noise immunity: 8 mA of noise rejection
- Four software filters: 10 s, 30 s, 100 s, 200 s
- Safety rating: CAT IV 600 V up to 3000 m
- Remote operation via USB cable
- Download of memory via isolated USB cable Bluetooth
- IR, timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, SV and ramp diagnostic tests
- Large LCD display with back-light
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30 V to 660 V) AC or DC
- Advanced memory, on screen recall and real time clock for date/ time stamped results
- PowerDB Lite asset management software
- Option to record temperature and/or relative humidity with saved results (measured independently)
- New Transport Case option (-TC)
What comes with the Megger S1-1068?
- Megger S1-1068 UK Diagnostic Insulation Tester
- 3m, 10kV-insulated Lead Set with Large Clips
- 3m, 10kV-insulated Lead Set with Medium Clips
- Megger PowerDB Lite Asset Management Software