Radiodetection RD1500 Utility Ground Penetrating Radar is Radiodetection‘s Flagship GPR for Utility Locating
The RD1500 provides all the great features of the RD1100 and also offers Depth Slices as well as Line Views. These allow the user to review slices of the subsurface at different depths, displaying cables, pipes and other utilities in unprecedented clarity.
The RD1500 features internal GPS, on-board Wi-Fi, a high resolution touch screen as well as the proprietary FrequenSee technology which selectively enhances small/shallow, medium size/depth, or large/deep targets, or even all at once, for easier viewing and detection.
Mini reports can be generated and delivered directly from the survey site by connecting to a Wi-Fi network or by using a cell phone as a hotspot. Data can also be exported to a USB memory stick.
Options for the Radiodetection RD1500 include:
- An external GPS, for higher positional accuracy.
- The Enhancement package, which enables the user to slice through the exported depth data, export data to other formats and more.
- And for even more analysis, the Utility Suite software option that offers features such as processing and displaying grid data in alternative ways, and the ability to output data to 3D visualisation software such as Voxler.
Radiodetection RD1500 Key Features:
- Detects conductive and non-conductive pipes and ducts
- Easy Screenshot capture - One simple button captures Line View on screen including GPS data and any marker arrows and flags that the user has added.
- High resolution touch screen display
- Accurately locate and mark utilities in a single pass - To locate a feature, simply roll the system back along the same path until the red position indicator line is exactly over the response. Drag the depth indicator up or down to the desired location to display its depth value. To get the position and depth information about a different point on the screen, simply touch and hold that point for a second for a cross hair and location information to appear.
- Internal Wi-Fi and USB for data transfer
- Internal GPS and Map View
Radiodetection RD1500 Main extra features compared to the RD1100:
The RD1500 comes with target enhancement technology called FrequenSee, which is like having three GPR in one. FrequenSee optimises views of shallow, medium and deep targets. These views of high, medium and low frequencies respectively can be toggled by the user and displayed individually or all together giving you unprecedented insights and target confidence.
Data collected in a rectangular grid delivers real-time 3D depth slicing on-site. Depth slicing reveals the orientation of multiple pipes and cables at different depths and outlines the extent of features such as vaults, foundations and buried tanks which is especially useful on complex locates.
The RD1500 allows you to locate the utilities and assign colour classifications directly on the touchscreen in real-time as they are located. These targets are immediately visible in Plan Views and are included in Output Reports. At any point during the survey you can save screen captures of line data, map views and depth slices.
By connecting to a Wi-Fi network, or hotspot for example on your phone, you can instantly email a mini report from the display unit to your office or customers. The RD1500 has built-in GPS which allows you to easily display your location in Google Earth and other similar geo-referencing platforms.
When working with the optional GPS kit, identified targets can be displayed on the unit in Map View, this provides further confirmation of linear features suggesting further areas to review before you leave the site. Data can be saved to a memory stick and can be transferred to a computer or kept for archives. Files can be exported and analysed using the optional analysis software. This powerful intuitive program allows easy interpretation and processing as well as advanced report generation. A further analysis program, Utility Suite, enables easy integration of your data into CAD drawings and GIS databases.
The RD1500 provides enhanced capabilities to tackle everything from daily locate and mark use, up to working with professional utility locators, engineers and surveyors.