Megger KF-LAB MkII KARL FISCHER Moisture In Oil Test Set
The portable Megger KF-LAB MkII has been designed to determine moisture in oil, providing highly accurate results on-site. The test set comes complete with integral printer and carrying case.
The unit comes with a default setting optimised for analysing insulating oils with an SG of 0.875 meaning it can be used to measure water content in a variety of different materials but is also easy to set up for transformer insulating oils.
The printer may be disabled if not required and results can be calculated in ppm, mg/kg, % and micrograms. For extra flexibility, the results may be calculated based on the weight of the sample or based on the volume and specific gravity of the sample.
Eliminates inaccuracies with ACE Control System - some Coulometric Karl Fischer sets are susceptible to inaccuracies due to changes in electrolysis cell resistance, which requires frequent checking of the titrator efficiency by analysing known water content standards. KF-LAB MkII removes this need by using the patent pending ACE (Automatically Compensated Errors) Control System. This guarantees the electrolysis current produced, and the count rate displayed, are always correctly synchronised, regardless of changes to the electrolysis cell resistance.
Megger KF-LAB Key Features:
- Coulometric Karl Fischer titrimetry
- The industry standard method for determining moisture content (ASTM D1533, BS EN 60814:1998, IEC60814:1997).
- Highly portable and designed specifically for outdoor use (battery powered)
- Easy to use and provide highly accurate results
- Offers greater flexibility, versatility and sample data input
- Analyses materials with an SG between 0.6 and 1.4, plus insulating oils with an SG of 0.875
What comes with the Megger KF-LAB?
- KF-LAB MkII Laboratory Coulometric Karl Fischer Test Set
- Complete with a printer, low drift cell and rugged carry case. Portability is further enhanced with flexible power options - both units can be powered from the mains supply, from the internal rechargeable battery, or via a 12V car adapter.
- Includes rechargeable battery power allowing accurate on-site measurements to be made on freshly obtained oil samples, eliminating any time deterioration of the oil sample.
- Includes free data capture and retrieval software.
- Other included accessories:
- Titration Vessel
- Detector electrode
- Generator electrode
- Drying tube
- Carrying case
- Power pack
- Car adapter
- Injection septa (10)
- Glass syringe (1 ml)
- Luer needle
- Bottle of molecular sieve
- Stirrer bar
Related products include Megger KF875 optimised for insulating oil with an SG of 0.875. Call 01782 563030 for a competitive quote.