Megger KF875 KARL FISCHER Moisture In Oil Test Set
The portable Megger KF875 has been designed to determine moisture in oil, providing highly accurate results on-site. The test set comes complete with integral printer and carrying case.
Optimised for testing insulating oils with a specific gravity of 0.875, the Megger KF875 simply requires the operator to press one button and inject a 1ml sample into the test cell. The simple ‘one touch’ operation makes the KF875 so easy to use that it requires no specialist knowledge or training to use it effectively. Results are presented on the instrument display and on the integral printer in both micrograms of water and in milligrams per kilogram (parts per million, ppm).
The printer may be disabled if not required and results can be calculated in ppm, mg/kg, % and micrograms. For extra flexibility, the results may be calculated based on the weight of the sample or based on the volume and specific gravity of the sample.
Eliminates inaccuracies with ACE Control System - some Coulometric Karl Fischer sets are susceptible to inaccuracies due to changes in electrolysis cell resistance, which requires frequent checking of the titrator efficiency by analysing known water content standards. KF875 removes this need by using the patent pending ACE (Automatically Compensated Errors) Control System. This guarantees the electrolysis current produced, and the count rate displayed, are always correctly synchronised, regardless of changes to the electrolysis cell resistance.
Megger KF875 Key Features:
- Coulometric Karl Fischer titrimetry
- The industry standard method for determining moisture content (ASTM D1533, BS EN 60814:1998, IEC60814:1997).
- Highly portable and designed specifically for outdoor use (battery powered)
- Optimised for insulating oil with an SG of 0.875
What comes with the Megger KF875?
- KF875 Coulometric Karl Fischer Test Set for insulating oil
- Complete with a printer, low drift cell and rugged carry case. Portability is further enhanced with flexible power options - both units can be powered from the mains supply, from the internal rechargeable battery, or via a 12V car adapter.
- Includes rechargeable battery power allowing accurate on-site measurements to be made on freshly obtained oil samples, eliminating any time deterioration of the oil sample.
- Other included accessories:
- Titration Vessel
- Detector electrode
- Generator electrode
- Drying tube
- Carrying case
- Power pack
- Car adapter
- Injection septa (10)
- Glass syringe (1 ml)
- Luer needle
- Bottle of molecular sieve
- Stirrer bar
Related products include Megger KF-LAB analyses materials with an SG between 0.6 and 1.4, plus insulating oils with an SG of 0.875. Call 01782 563030 for a competitive quote.