Megger OTS60PB Oil Test System - Portable Liquid Dielectric Breakdown Tester
A fully automatic test system, powered by either battery or mains and facilitates accurate breakdown voltage tests on mineral, ester and silicon insulating oils. Used on-site as well as in the laboratory, the precision test vessel sets the accuracy standard for the liquid insulation test industry. For ease of use the instrument comes with a pre-programmed ‘library’ of international breakdown test standards, and the ability to create custom tests.
The OTS60PB weighs less than 17kg and comes complete with optional carry bag, plus an optional impact resistant transport case. The transport case provides space for the unit, vessel and electrode set.
The instrument is housed in a metal case with moulded end caps that accommodate convenient carry handles. The test chamber is designed with an easy-clean surface and provides a drain for spilt oil through an internal pipe routed to the rear of the instrument (a beaker or similar can be used for spillage collection). The test area is covered by a plastic lid with an electrically protective inner conductive layer which, with the metal case, provides a safe equipotential enclosure for high voltage testing.
The lid allows in plenty of ambient light and users are able to view the test and witness stirring and the breakdown. The chamber lid is dual redundant safety protected with micro-switches to prevent accidental electrification.
Megger OTS60PB Application:
Monitoring and maintenance of oil quality is essential in ensuring the reliable operation of oil filled electrical equipment. Codes of practice have been established in many countries that include several different types of test on insulating oils. One of the fundamental tests of oil quality is the breakdown voltage test, which is a measure of the oil’s ability to withstand electric stress. A low breakdown voltage can indicate the presence of contaminants such as water or conducting particles. Care should be taken to ensure the process of sampling oil and subsequent testing does not in any way contaminate it with foreign objects. Cleaning vessels between oil tests should be a rinse with the next sample, never clean with fibrous materials. To ensure an accurate reading set gap carefully and lock adjusting wheels.
Megger OTS60PB Key Features:
- Lock in precision oil vessel - lockable gap setting
- Flat electrode gap gauges that will not damage electrodes
- Oil temperature is measured continuously so it can be determined whether the oil test sample is within the range allowed by the test standards before the test is commenced
- QVGA colour display with back-light (easy to read in sunlight or dark conditions)
- Large, easy clean test chamber with oil drain
- High visibility test chamber
- Safe operation with dual redundant micro-switches
- Intuitive user interface
- Fully automatic operation with pre-loaded international test standards
- User configurable test sequences to cover transition period of new / updated test standards (standards maintained via USB updates from Megger)
- All instruments supplied with one 400 ml test vessel in the box as standard, unless the super user kit is specified (see below)
- Built onto rigid box section chassis to prevent flexing on impact that otherwise would damage transformer
- Unique built in chamber drain pipe for easy removal of oil accidentally spilt in test chamber, this can easily be connected to a lab waste system
- Test standards favourites list speeds up selection by only displaying the standards regularly used by the use